Monday, November 29, 2010

Studio Time

I spent some time in the studio,
doing what my friend Laura said to do ("Now, go make something.").
I've been merrily making books,
sometimes working on three or four at the same time.
I do that a lot...work on several things at a time.
My photos loaded backwards to what I thought they would.
Imagine that.

This small book (4 1/2"w x 5 1/2"h) has a lot of vintage lace,
my illustrations (inside and out) and the words
"To Thine Own Self Be True"
and
"Fight".


I added a row of beads down the spine on this one

as well as a beaded trim on the front cover.

I love the blue beads.

When I added the word "fight",

I was thinking about how we have to fight everyday to protect who we are.

How we have to fight for our personal freedom.

How we have to fight to BE.

To Be Who We Are.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Obviously, your time in the studio is well spent.