Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Emerging...

I am slowly beginning to emerge from the fog of my mom's passing.
The past two weeks seem to have surrounded me,
enveloped me and drew me away from the rest of the world.
I have been hanging out with my husband and son...
reading some...
journaling and drawing some.

You know, when I first tried to journal about my mom,
I couldn't find the words.
I suppose that I was just overwhelmed with grief at the time.
So instead of writing, I just drew in my journal.
I doodled and made marks.
Healing Marks.

I'm feeling better now but that
grief is still clinging to my skin...
and I suppose that it will be my constant companion for a while yet.

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends that
sent me condolences, virtual hugs
and said a prayer for my family.
There are no words worthy of the thanks that I feel in my heart.
So I just say a simple

"Thank you so much for being there for me"

1 comment:

Fannie said...

you are loved.
fannie