Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Painted Art Papers



Here's a couple of art papers that I painted, stamped, masked, added to, took away from and just generally enjoyed adding color and texture to.
I'm going to be teaching a class at Random Arts Studio on April 23.
It's going to be a lot of fun! We'll be learning about different types of paper and how the weight of the paper effects what you can do to it and on it.
We will learn about what types of paint work best on painting art papers.
We'll use stencils and masks.
Baby wipes, alcohol (maybe drink some wine too!) and all sorts of different "found items"
to add texture, shape and movement to our papers.
Run on over to Jane's web site and sign up or call this number (828/699-2210) to reserve your spot.
There's only room for about 12 bodies and all our stuff so sign up before it fills!
I'd like to teach a class later this year to make a journal with the papers that we paint.
Wouldn't that be fun?
Maybe we can invite Betsy to give us a journaling prompt at the class.
hint...hint...

3 comments:

Martha Lever said...

I wish I could come!!! These pages are great!

Joanne Huffman said...

great papers. I would come if I lived closer.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful papers!!! one could spend al day just creating away!! I am sure that it will be a great class!!!!