Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mountain Views

Once a month, I meet with a group of fantastic women...
Even though my husband calls us "The Fiber Freaks",
we call ourselves "The Fiber Junkies".
We are a bit freaky about fiber though...
We all have varied interests in what we do with the fiber that we work with.
Some bead, some felt, some do all kinds of surface design.
There is a screen printer.
One of the group is a master machine quilter.
I personally do all sorts of mixed media "things" to the fiber that I get hold of.

This month we met at Val's house in Asheville NC.
Here is a photo of us (minus me) sitting on her top deck at the back of her tree house.
Notice the beautiful trees around us.

This isn't a duplicate photo, just a slightly different view of the side of the porch space.
When we look out from the house, this is what we saw.


The most beautiful view that you could imagine!

I can't remember how many mountains that you can see from her house but it was a lot.

We had a fantastic day!

We did some deconstructive screen printing.

I'll show a few photos of our "show and tell" tomorrow.

No comments: