Sunday, October 3, 2010

September News

This past month was a blur...
I spent a week in Colorado Springs, teaching at an art retreat.
Four days after returning home from that, I participated in a two day arts festival in West Greenville, SC.
Five days after that, my husband and I went away for a few days - to Virginia to see friends and we managed to sneak in a day or two in DC...
After we got home late Saturday, we switched clothes and supplies in our back packs to go kayaking.
We met my husband's sister and her husband at their dad's house.
We drove the five minutes to the lake to let them try out our tandem kayak.
They did great of course!
After that my husband and I practiced flipping the kayak...
and "rolling" it...
Which is a "wet exit" in kayak terms...
I now have a few more bruises for show and tell.
Oh, and this watercolor sketch/painting of a feather that I found.

I used a travel size watercolor set and Koi water pens.
Oh, and my usual Pitt Artists Pens.
No running, no bleeding and no worries...

Get you some!

2 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Busy, fun month Carol.
My husband used to kayak.

Joanne Huffman said...

What a full month for you. Very cool feather piece!