Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pen and Paper

There is an old building across the highway from my house.
It has such character (in my opinion) and has a ton of potential being remodeled as a house.
All those high ceiling, wood floors. It has a small apartment off to one side and a larger one in the back.
It is presently being used as some type of business (in the front of it) and the couple that runs the business live in the back.
I love the rusted tin roof over the lower level as well as the extra long windows on the upper level.
I've always imagined a huge open studio/teaching space on the lower level with living quarters on the top level...
never hurts to dream, right?

Anyway, here is a quick sketch of the place that I did.
I simplified the details to make the sketch go quicker.
This is on watercolor paper (with a preliminary sketch in pencil), finished with a Pitt Artist Pen.
I have one layer of watercolors on it and plan on adding more later.


I like the ladder in the upstairs window.
Wonder if they are going to do some (much needed) work on the place?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your building sketches. You always make me want to go to the places and explore.