Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time Flies When You're Busy (or not)

I can't believe that it's been a week since I posted anything!
I've been working on a project for the new group that I am thrilled to be a part of ( "8 That Create" - check it out!).
If you head over to the blog, you'll see that we are all documenting our progress on our work.
We're telling the good, the bad and the ugly as we create pieces of art.
For someone like me, somebody works in a really intuitive manner, that is kinda difficult.
Sometimes I don't know why I do what I do...I just do it.
I'm trying to take lots of photos to share, showing the horrid messes that I make and the ways that I cover them up or revel in their existence.
So far, I've written two posts on the new piece "Empty Spaces".
I'd love for you to take a look and let me know what you'd like for me to talk about or address during the process.

I am also packing to ship supplies and artwork to Artistic Artifacts for a two day book making class that I am doing there.
The class is Feb. 24 & 25 in Alexandria, Virginia at Judy Gula's shop "Artistic Artifacts".
The day after my class, Liz Kettle is teaching her "Metal Magic" class. I can't wait to take this one! She will be talking about using metal in fiber work as well as covering different patina's that you can use on it.
There is a kit for this class so you don't have to bring any supplies.
Woo Hoo! My kind of class.

We will be going to "Art & Soul" at Virginia Beach, Virginia to help Judy in her mobile shop there.
I will have a vendor table the last night, so drop by if you're in the area.
I'll be offering original artwork, prints, rust media packs, handmade books and a couple of other goodies.

I also want to tell you about a (fairly) new site called "Seek Your Course".
Jess Greene (an amazing mixed media encaustic artist) started this site up to gather all the classes, workshops, conferences and retreats into one cohesive place.
It's an amazing site, with tons of options. All you need for choosing your next creative learning experience.
I've included my classes there as well.
Check it out!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Hope to see you in VA Beach!