Sunday, January 30, 2011

Drawing on the Road


Not to be confused with sidewalk art...
Not that  I have actually drawn ON the road...
but while on the road...

Never mind.

This is a small-ish handmade book that I have been working in.
It's the one that I carry in my bag when I go to ballgames and/or appointments where I know that I will have time to draw a little bit.
I painted the left hand page before the book was bound.
I drew on the right hand page after binding,
sitting at a basketball game.
I used Pitt Artist Pens to draw and a travel watercolor kit to paint.
You really can create artwork anywhere...
I did a post over at the "Sketchbook Challenge" blog that tells exactly which pens, paper and paint that I use in most of my journals and sketchbooks.
I do not receive any compensation for recommending these products, I use them because I love them and I am used to working with them.
You could check it out if you're interested.
I will occasionally switch things around but usually use the same three basic supplies when I sketch/draw.
I talk about those things in the article, um post.
Tomorrow I will be sharing a new drawing that I am working on.
Check back then!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love your Road journal. I have carried one for a while now. It was a God send while I was waiting for endless hours during my Husbands battle with Mesothelioma. Now many of those drawings are treasures to me.Ways to remember our journey. Since his passing they have become even more precious to me. Thank you for sharing !!

Kerri said...

what a great thing to do while waiting at appointments and stuff. so is that another blog of yours? i'll go check it out now-- love the title!

Joanne Huffman said...

A delightful book.