Friday, May 25, 2012

Acrylic Medium

I often spend days in my studio playing around with (or experimenting with) different acrylic mediums to see what I can do with them.
I can tell you this - the applications are innumerable!

Take this for example -


The (highly) textured orangie colored section is a piece of canvas to which I applied Golden's Soft Gel.
I used some implement that was on my studio table (or maybe the implement was my finger) to create the texture.
I allowed this to dry completely.
Then I created a wash of a couple of fluid acrylics (looks like Quin/Nickel Azo Gold was part of it) and brushed this over the entire piece.
What you see is a small section of the piece of canvas. I have been cutting up my samples and using them in different projects.

What do you do with your samples?

2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I'm with you the effects you can achieve are numerous, don't you just love it!

Joanne Huffman said...

Love the look of this. I like that your experiments become component parts.