Friday, November 20, 2009

Surface Design 2

I was so busy oohing and aahing over Judy Simmons surface design samples that I didn't get any pictures! But those of you that know Judy and have seen her work, know exactly what I mean!
I love the way that she manipulates the photos in Photoshop and then prints them on different fabrics.
And organized? Is that lady organized!
You should see her notebooks that are full of samples, all logged in with the particular fabric and what she did to it.
The sheer bird that I used on the collage in my header was printed under Judy's direction and help.
I've ask her about getting photos so I can post them and hopefully some time next week I'll be able to (computer problems prevent that right now).
Anyway, that ends a week long posting spree about the little group that met at the Arboretum this week.
Oh, I did do a "doodle drawing demo" (say that fast three times) and had everyone drawing up a storm by the end of the day.
Even when they all said they couldn't draw a stick man...

You should all get to the NC Arboretum if you can - I want to go back and see what the walking trail has to offer. It looked like it would be an awesome walk through the woods - I'm sure I might be able to find some goodies there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool post over there, carol!