Friday, August 5, 2011

Whew...

What a crazy couple of weeks it's been...
I have talked about the Big League World Series that my husband and I volunteer at, right?

Yup, last year.
Well, what we call "the circus" was in town the last week.
It's a lot of fun but man oh man, what a lot of work too!
It was just as busy as ever and very, very hot.
And very humid.
Typical SC weather.
If you're interested, you can go to the web link above and read all about it.
It's a great opportunity to volunteer if you're interested.
We have ESPN coverage of the final game every year so that's fun.

I am also busy making the final preparations for a run of fall classes coming up.

I'm heading to my fiber group tomorrow to teach them the second day of making a cool little book.

Next week (August 8 & 11), I'll be teaching my "Bound by Heart, Made by Hand" class.
We make a beautiful book using all sorts of acrylic mediums, paints, cool papers, fabrics, inks and vintage goodies.
This two day class will be at Artists Guild Gallery of Greenville in downtown Greenville SC.
There are two (maybe three) spots left in this class.
Email me if you're interested.

The week after that, I'll be in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my buddy Liz Kettle at her retreat, Textile Evolution.
If you're love mixed media or mixed media fiber work, want to try your hand a mixed media or love hanging out with a bunch of wild and crazy mixed media fiber lovin' women - this is THE retreat for you!
There are several classes that I would love to take if I weren't teaching!
Check it out!

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

The workshops sound wonderful, your students are going to love those books, yum. Have fun!