Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Art Filled Life

I'm boxing up my kits and supplies for the Textile Evolution Retreat.
Sending them on their way to Colorado Springs to my friend Liz's house.
They will wait for me to get there on Sept.7, when we will be reunited for our classes.
We are all so excited about this trip!
This is my first time teaching at a (several day) retreat! I usually teach one day classes locally.
So, this is a good "first one"...trial run so to speak...
I would love to teach at different venues this coming year. Maybe even one of the "big" retreats.
I'm hoping to send some proposals out.
I'm getting to be a real brave girl, aren't I?

I've always wanted to share what I do with other people.
I love teaching the "mad scientist" way of creating.
And it's not just the Way that I create art -
it's the Why I create art.

It's one of those things that I am compelled to do.
It's my way of life actually.
And I think that most artists, most creative people would agree
that it is the biggest part of who you are,
why you are and how you walk through life.

We live our life,
we express our life & our experiences through our art.

It is The Art Filled Life.

3 comments:

jackie said...

Carol - I share your excitement! Best of luck in your first multi-day teaching experience! I know you'll do well and have a blast!

Julie Bagamary said...

I'm excited for you Carol!

Joanne Huffman said...

I'm sure you'll have a grat time and your students will love their classes. Enjoy!