Friday, August 13, 2010

Loved Ones

I haven't done a blog post in a while.

My wonderful mother in law passed away last Sunday, August 8.
It was a sudden thing, unexpected.
I have been so busy with helping at their home, serving, cleaning...
but most of all, grieving.

If you're read my blog for long, you will know that my own mom passed away last year.
Also unexpectedly.
My mother in law had stepped in and filled that void in my life.
Now I find myself floundering.

All I can say is that she was such a wonderful, giving person.
She passed away with dignity, surrounded by her loved ones.

You just never know when those that you love will be taken away.
Be sure and show them, tell them how much you love them.
Spend time with them.

So, again my readers -
Let's raise a toast.
This time to my mom in law -

RIP Sandra Sloan.

RIP.

7 comments:

babyjane said...

Carol...I am so sorry for your loss... My prayers are with your family...

Jane

Julie Bagamary said...

Carol, I am so sorry to hear of another loss for you. Know that I am praying as the Lord brings you all to mind.

Joanne Huffman said...

Sending you sympathy, prayers and love. I hope your loss is softened by all the wonderful memories you have of her.

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carol. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

mary Stori said...

What a lovely tribute you gave your MIL......My deepest sympathies......

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Carol, I'm so sorry for your loss...I know she was a wonderful person in your life...Judy

Carol Sloan said...

Thank you all for the kind words. We are so glad that she isn't suffering anymore...even though we miss her so much.