Monday, August 2, 2010

Fiber Freaks, umm Junkies I mean

I have been so busy preparing for the (now in town) Big League World Series and the upcoming retreat I am teaching at (see side bar Textile Evolution), that I neglected to post on the last Fiber Junkies meeting.
I am still incredibly busy but really want to share what we did - so, I'm going to cheat and send you to Judy Simmons and Mary Stori s blog to read.
We had a blast screen printing and I have a whole new appreciation for those that do screen print. Especially those that burn your own screens. If I had a larger studio and easy access to water, I'd do it myself...but right now, I just don't have the room.

Now onto a little more exciting (and scary) news...
I submitted an application and images to be considered for the West Greenville Art Festival this fall (right after I get back from Colorado Springs!) and I was accepted! They limit the artist number to 40 so I am so really excited to be a part of this. I have never participated in an festival before so I am working like crazy to get enough work together in time.
I've got some new collage pieces in the works - they include my doodle sketches and vintage papers and stuff. A little watercolor paint, a little matt medium and
wa la!
I'm hoping that they are accepted well - they are all excited about being in the show!
I have to run and tend to my duties at the ball park.
Do run over and read all about the screen printing adventure we all had!

1 comment:

Liz kettle said...

Congratulations! I know you will do great at the show.