Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hearts

While drawing an image, a laceration that I accidentally obtained yesterday,

opened back up and began bleeding again.

I didn't even realize it until I stopped to check the accuracy of my marks...

and look at what I saw!?



A perfect little blood heart next to the

stem of leaves that I had drawn.

It looks like I stamped a red heart on the page!

How perfect could it be?!

I started to toss the entire page

but decided to keep it instead.

I'll dedicate that little heart, made with my blood,

to my much missed mom-in-law, Sandra.

This will go to represent my love, admiration and respect for this petite lady that had such a big heart.

She accepted me, without question, into her family based on my husbands (obvious) (:-)love of me.

I just have to say (again)...

What an awesome woman...

What a loss...

And what a blessing that she isn't suffering today.



Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

I cherish them and truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Our little family is continuing to grieve

but we are standing strong.

Accepting the blessing of loving memories, the help of friends

and the bond of working together.



Thanks again for all your sweet words!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

What an interesting demonstration of "heartfelt" art.