Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Creative Play, I mean Work

At the Textile Evolution Retreat, I am teaching two different classes.
One is the Scraps, Fragments and Artifacts class.
Check out this post (and this post) for info about that one.
The second class is only one day.
It's an exercise in creative play called "Play, Create, Explore".
It's going to be so much fun!
We'll be making an 8" x 8" piece of mixed media fiber art. I supply the kit
so all the participants have to do is show up!
Well, maybe bring one or two sewing machines in the mix.
We'll scrape some paint around, collage some images, ponder on some words to add to our rusty fiber/bird's nest paper background.
Oh, let's not forget the beads, the button ribbon,the sheet music and the flowers...
I think there is only a couple of spots left!
Sign up NOW!

The other thing I've been doing (among the 872 other things) is getting ready for the WGAF - which will be four days after I get back from Colorado Springs.
Yeah, I realize that everything is all jammed up together...
I'm going to have some cards ready to sell - note card type- some with prints of my paintings and some will be original tiny paintings.
Here is one that I painted.



You can't tell from the photo, but it has a narrow white border around it.

Sometimes it takes me a while to warm up to some of my work,

but I really liked this one right away.

I have been putting in 10-12 hour studio days getting ready.

I should say "work days" instead of "studio days" since I work all over the house...

Does anyone else do that?

1 comment:

Martha Lever said...

Oh you are officially vice president. I wish I could come to your class. Looks like great fun!!!