Monday, August 16, 2010

Published!

Last year, when my buddy Jane Powell recommended this awesome book to me, I never dreamt of the impact it would have in my life.
"Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh.
Jane had Patti out to her shop to do a reading along with a book signing. And, loving the book as I do, my husband and I went.
I met Patti (and Mr. Brilliant (her husband) and sweet little Tess(her beautiful daughter) and signed up to be on the list to submit artwork for her next book.
Last February (I think) I got an email with a "Call for Art" in it.
A mere two weeks to respond...yikes!
And you know how it goes, everything under the sun happened in those two weeks to slow me down...
to keep me from making art for Patti.
But, stubbornness won out and I submitted a piece.
A little bit later I got an email from her editor saying that my artwork had been chosen to grace the pages of her book!
Yippee!
Today, I had this waiting for me when I got home...

My complimentary copy of the new book "Four Word Self Help"!
Here is what I sent in for my essay "Sit in the sunshine".


By the way, you folks that have taken my layered paper class may recognise the background...I used one of the papers that I demo in class.

See? I told you that those papers could be used for all manner of things!

Anyway - here is my page, page 75.

And it's very good advice too -

"Sit in the Sunshine"

6 comments:

random notes said...

Congratulations Carol!!!
I am so happy for you and I love your art work.You deserve every bit of this honor and more!

Julie Bagamary said...

CONGRATS Carol!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carol!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Well deserved congratulations!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Pretty cool Carol!!! Congrats.

Mary Stori said...

I TOLD you Carol.......we'd soon be saying "We knew her when!".........Your work is wonderful.......hip, hip, hooray!!