Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Couching on Fabric


I belong to the Quilt Art Internet mailing group and the past couple of days there has been some discussion of couching on fabric. It made me think of my crochet needle case that I made. Every time I pull this thing out, people love it! And it was sooo EASY. It really looks difficult but all I did was couch various yarns onto the existing design of the fabric. Ta Da! A scrumptious dimensional piece of fiber art! I did utilize the Bernina Couching Foot that makes it extremely easy to do. But you could just as easily use a regular foot and guide the yarn where you wanted it. Try it! If you look down the blog, you will see the same fabric in various stages of another project...I love the fabric and bought several yards off of eBay a while back. I don't know that it is available any more...

No comments: