Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot, Dry Summer

Well, here in The South we are in the throes of The Hot, Dry Summer...
Those of us who live in The South,
have visited The South,
grew up in The South
hear news about The South
or know others from The South
who know others from The South
have heard all before...
but I'm gonna say it one more time...
It is soooo hot and humid!
It is soooo dry the grass is crunching again.
Where, where have all the flowers gone?
Whoever is singing that song "Rain, Rain go away..."
needs to Stop.
Right Now.
Please.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh I hear you! I'm from the North and I could insert 'north' in all those 'south' spots and it would all fit for my area.

katie said...

i think you need to flap your wings on over here to the coolish northwest and have a dip in 'my' river :-)
xox