Monday, April 27, 2009

Return of the River Rats




I'm hoping that you will be able to enlarge the photos I've posted. The batteries in my camera were almost dead when I took these...
See what's in those pictures?
It's a Bald Eagle!
My husband and I were kayaking last Saturday on the Keowee River and he spotted a large bird chasing (or being chased) by a couple of smaller birds. You could see a flash of white (or lighter color) as he swirled and dipped in the sky.
Mr. Wonderful (dh) shouted "Look! It's a Bald Eagle!"
and sure enough, there it was, in all his splendor...a wing span of 5 to 6 feet.

Now, tell me, how cool is that?!

1 comment:

jgr said...

Totally!!!!!!!! I have never been that close to an eagle OMG! We have large hawks in our woods and I love seeing them but an EAGLE - WOW!
-Jane