Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Classes Scheduled

Well, Jane Powell (Random Arts) and I sat down yesterday and finally scheduled a couple more classes. Check the side bar for dates and links to her workshop site.
I did want to post some additional info about the classes.
The "Doodle Drawing" class is going to be so much fun! You can scroll back through my blog for pictures of various doodle journal pages that I'll be sharing. And I'll be teaching some of my "secrets" to drawing...it's fast, it's easy and it's fun.
We will be covering some ideas about finding inspiration - I promise, you will never look at things the same way again after this class!
We will cover the one thing that strikes fear in the heart of every artist - the dreaded "Blank Page Syndrome". I'll show you how to successfully get right over that...
We'll cover some techniques on coloring your drawings as well as putting all of it together in journal form (we won't be making a journal in this class- just ideas & examples of journals).

Now, to the fiber fix class..."Her Awakening" is a rust media wall hanging.
A true mixed media fiber piece, so if you've been wanting to dip your toe in the mixed media fiber art pond - this is your class.
Super easy - do not allow the use of a sewing machine to scare you away from this class!
It's best if you CAN"T sew a straight line in this class.
The price includes a kit.
In the kit you will find almost everything you need to make the wall hanging! All you need to bring is a sewing machine (I'll have mine to share), needles, thread,and a piece of black felt.
How's that for easy? Between myself and Jane, we'll have everything else you need! Even the transfer for the face! Of course, you can always draw your own...
So - there you have it.
Check out my class schedule - I've got a couple of "demo dates" posted as well.
Good price (free) and great value!

I went to the June meeting yesterday of the Fiber Art Alliance that I belong to. I'm going to try to do another blog post later about that. It is an awesome meeting at a very inspirational venue.
I took some pictures (we'll see if they turned out very good...) but will attempt to post them as well.
If you are a fiber artist (knitting, crochet, weaving, quilting, mixed media...) and you're close to Asheville you should really check us out. We meet the first Tuesday of the month at the Girl Scout Building. This month was a field trip for us. There are so many talented women in the group - and would welcome more!

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

i wish i lived closer....i'd take both of your classes in a heartbeat! :)