Monday, August 10, 2009

Alabama Stitch Book





I know, I know...I have posted about this book
or it's author
or a project from it
time and time again...

I can't help myself.
I love this book.

I adore the sheer beauty of the simple fabric
and the simple thread.

The brilliance of the way that the two are joined together.

It's just beautiful.

I posted a while back that I was making a project from the book.


And I did -
I finished it just in time to wear to the Asheville Quilt Show!

I made the Reverse-Applique Swing Skirt from the pattern in the book.

It was a BIG hit!

I'll post a few pictures of the skirt -sans Carol- for the moment.
Maybe said skirt + Carol photo will come later...

7 comments:

Martha Lever said...

ok--but I want to see Carol in the skirt!!!
By the way--I know it is fabulous!!

lori vliegen said...

would you believe that i was at books-a-million today and was thumbing through this very book?!! i totally agree with you....it's fabulous....and so is your new skirt!! :)

julie king said...

i am so intrigued by this method of sewing. it looks like there are 2 layers of cloth and you cut holes in one and then stitch around the holes. i'm off to find what i can on this on the web. i'm looking forward to seeing your skirt!!!!

Julie Bagamary said...

It came out so well. Judy Simmons posted about it on her blog.

Joanne Huffman said...

beautiful skirt!

Sally said...

I LOVE your stitching! I'm so glad I got to see the skirt in progress. You MUST wear it to the Believe Retreat :)

pnewl said...

interesting. I took a class from Jen Swearington and she had this book. I love it. I will have to check it out again.

hope you are AOK. see you at FAA in Sept perhaps