Friday, February 12, 2010

Southern Snow and a new project

Well, here in upstate South Carolina it doesn't snow very much.
We get so excited when it does snow - like right now!
It's been snowing for a couple of hours and beginning to accumulate on things.
The weathermen are suggesting 2-4 inches but I guess we'll see, huh?


While I was watching for the snow to begin - I mean while I was going about my duties at home- I started a new journal project.
I just love making books, especially journals!
I used an old plastic file folder as the base of this new shabby rust journal.



I had signed up for Mary Ann Moss's class "Remains of the Day" a while back
and just never had (or took) the chance to make my journal cover.
I decided to avoid all the other things I need to be doing and make it now.
I pulled out all of my yummy rusty bits and started cutting into them.
I used a wide piece of crocheted trim that I made several years ago
(and rusted last year) as the trim for the front of my cover.
I love the colors of the rust.
So natural looking.




I will begin sewing in my signatures tonight or tomorrow.
I might add a few more bits and pieces of "stuff" on the pages before I sew them in.
I'll try to remember to take pictures of the pages.
I hope that you all have a creative weekend.
Remember to Feed Your Muse.

6 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Carol,
Congrats on your snow! We got some too (N. Georgia) and I was the same way - looking out the window as I cleaned the house, I do feel like a kid again. Your journal is totally cool, too!
Happy weekend.

Joanne Huffman said...

beautiful journal cover!

Herm said...

Love your journal and the look of the rusty crocheted trim!

Susie said...

Hi Carol
I have visited your Etsy shop a few times and hearted many of your amazing rusted pieces. I LOVE your journal cover. Very cool

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that is the most gorgeous thing i have seen! if i worked with rusted fabric, i would definitely have done the same thing. just beautiful.

Barbara said...

Love your cover with the rusted items.