Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Studio Table

I'm looking over the items on my studio table today...
and noticed that I keep a couple of things on it that I have artwork planned for -
I just can't seem to get to it.
When I have the time - I have no energy.
When I have the energy, I have no time...
Do any of you ever find this to be your problem as well?

Here's one -
Look at the right of the walnut shell.
It's a tiny vial (measures about an inch tall)
that's full of even smaller bones.
I retrieved them from an owl pellet
that a friend of mine from South Dakota (hey Judy!) sent me.
I love that little vial of bones.

And here is another favorite thing of mine.
Sand from "My beloved river".
Stored in a cup found at that same river - back when the drought was so bad around here
and Indian artifacts could be found in abundance.

So - there are a couple of photos of favorite things on my studio table.

What are your favorite things?

1 comment:

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Carol, I'm the same with energy and time, but it finally clicked for me this week. My favorite thing? My books of ideas--when I can't think of what I want to do, but have the time and energy, my idea books come to the rescue!