Friday, March 25, 2011

Little of This, Little of That

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post!
I was so busy getting ready for the workshop on Tuesday that the time flew by!

I don't know if other teachers are this way but for a day or two after my workshops, I am just exhausted.
I think that I (and others)  put so much work into each class, so much of myself into each class that it just
wears.
me.
out.

(Well, now that I think of it, there are a couple of extenuating circumstances involved with that.)

I have an auto-immune disorder that saps my energy sometimes, well a lot of times actually.
So, I'll try to give myself a break here...

I try not to use my health issues for an excuse and at times I make it so hard on myself because of my stubbornness.

What?

Did I hear hoards of family and friends moaning at that comment?

Oh, not the one about my health issues but the stubbornness...

Okay.
I can be a little stubborn.

But I'm here, at home.

I'm working on cleaning out my studio space and a room upstairs in my house.

I'm trying to get rid of things that I no longer use (but continue to hang on to), things that I said I was going to use one day and the things that I will never, ever use.

I did list some eBay auctions today - I started with rubber stamps.

I'm going to try and list more every few days until I get tired of doing it or I begin to give things away.
I've got a feeling that it won't take too long for me to begin walking away from most things...
just to get them out of my house!

I hope that everyone is feeling well,
that Spring is upon you (or will be soon)
and that your creativity is in high gear.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos that I shot at the workshop on Tuesday - during our lunch break.
Notice the piles of goodies around everyone.
I had 10 beautiful women there, including my lovely assistant Meg.
Thank you Meg for helping!



2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Cool photo of your teaching space. Hope you're feeling better.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I had to laugh when I read you were uploading stamps to ebay, I did the same thing yesterday. I didn't have as much patience as you, I put 120 up in 3 wads. Yet I look at your stamps and "I want 'em"..
better not, still have a zillion quilt books to go :) I'm going to do them in wads too.
Best wishes, looking forward to seeing your workspace, Sharyn