Sunday, June 12, 2011

If you've read any of my posts here or those at the "Sketchbook Challenge" blog, you'll know that I've been um,,, out of sorts here-lately.
Been having a bit of trouble finding (or staying) on my creative pathway.

I'm using previous marks that I've made to lead me back to the "right" path.

Last time I posted (SBC blog), I talked about using the individual elements of a collage idea to spark some energy.
I've continued to do that - going back to my very basic art routines to rebuild my momentum.
In today's post I'll approach it from the blank page of my trusty pocketbook sketchbook.

I went to the library in Anderson SC while my husband was at a meeting.
I browsed through the (non) fiction books, picked out a couple or three and went to the small coffee cafe to wait for my sweetie.

Sitting at a small round table with a small silk greenery arrangement on it.
Looking out of a tall window at an even taller building across the street.

I had the thought that I should do some sketching...
draw the silk greenery...
sketch the "McDuffie Place" building across the street...

shoulda
woulda
coulda...
none of these three things ever did anything, did they?

But sitting there at that small table, looking at that small greenery arrangement in front of a tall window, across the street from an even taller building, I decided that I WOULD do something.
Not just sit there and think about it.

Nike was right, right?
Just Do It.

So, here is what I did in about 10 minutes...

The small arrangement on the small round table?


That (even) taller building in front of the tall window (McDuffie Place)?



That's how it all looked to me and my trusty pen.

Little by little, sketch by sketch I'm settling into my sweet spot for creating.
I'm learning (again and again) not to rush things...
just allow it all to happen in its own time.

Together we can find our own individual pathway to creative energy.

I hope that you're all peeking at my Flickr photo account from time to time.
I try to add photos there whether I post them on my blog or not.
There are a lot of older pictures there so check it out.
Think about setting yourself up an account if you have the inclination. It's a great way to share inspiration and an even better way to share photos with friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us do get "distracted" for a minute. Seem to be hanging in the ether myself right now. I like what you did, and I'm glad you did it.

G. at calgalinal.blogspot.com