Friday, December 30, 2011

Hodge Podge

Did you read the post over at the "Sketchbook Challenge" blog about the scrap bag that I made from Mulit-Purpose Cloth?
It's a great way to use those teeny tiny scraps that you save (and you know that you do) and then wonder what the heck you're going to do with them! And it's easy-peasy too!

I am really loving the MPC from Roc-Ion

It's so easy to stitch on, you can draw or paint on it just like paper and/or canvas and there are NO raveling edges! None!

I'm already working on a book cover using it so watch for a tutorial on that soon.

Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on another book for the "Art Camp For Women" retreat this June in Colorado.
I'm using my own rusted fabric/fibers on this one and adding a really cool embellishment on the cover.
I've also been introduced to a new type of paper to use in bookmaking (thanks Denise!).
I'm not going to stop using my fav (Wausau Exact Vellum Bristol) but this new stuff is SO easy to put into a book.
I'll let you know more about it as I do a little more experimenting, okay?

I'm hoping that all of you are having a peaceful holiday season.
We have a new year coming up, it would be a good time to reevaluate your goals and dreams.

I plan on thinking about those things too. 
I'm also thinking about where I want to go in the coming year - not in a physical sense but "where is my life going" sense.
I'm feeling a little unsettled - like I'm missing something or not doing something that I'm supposed to be doing.

Do any of you ever feel that way?

It seems that things were so much more simple when my son was young.
My focus was so clear then. But it was also on him. 
Now it's time to think about what I want...really focus on where I want to go/what I want to do with the time that I have left on this earth.





3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I did see that bag earlier and I absolutely love it!

dh said...

Sure hope to see your new bag. What an interesting clasp! Clever girl!Where can I get some Roc-Lon? Sounds like great stuff.

Loralei said...

I did see your wonderful bag, and I do feel unsettled at times. I don't think it's necessarily bad to feel unsettled, but it does make me motivated to focus on what I need to do to alleviate that feeling.

These days I have decided to approach life based on the advice I think my 50 year old self would give my currently 41 year old self (in the spirit of "if only I knew then what I know now..").

Best of luck to you in finding what it is YOU need to do!!