Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sketching at the library

I volunteer at the local library's gift shop (Greenville County Library - main one) ("Friends of the Library").
I take different things with me to occupy my time when things are slow.

Some days I do computer work.
Sometimes I draw.
Or crochet.
Or read.

Today I did some urban sketching.

This was a section of the view from my perch in the gift shop.

I added some of the paint splatters that I adore in my friend Sarah's sketches.
I am loving that the sketching in public is getting a bit easier as I continue to do it.



I'll try to remember to post photos of the visitor that was on the bike trail yesterday...
I'll just do it now.

EEwwwww!



This copperhead was just sitting there (or whatever they do) on the Swamp Rabbit Trial while people whizzed by on bikes.
The walkers (and runners) either didn't even see it or gave it a wide berth.

My husband moved it off of the trail (with a long stick) and I was terrified when he was doing it!
I am terrified of snakes, just terrified yet find them so interesting (like inside a display at the zoo).

I was glad to peddle away from this one.

We have a lot of snakes here in the upstate of SC.

It's always a great idea to look around you if you're out hiking or out enjoying nature.

I hope that you all have a great weekend filled with creative endeavors.



1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

a copperhead, now that's something I hope never to encounter. All our snakes are harmless here in New Brunswick, Canada.
Love your sketch, brave girl sketching away in public places :-)