Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Morning Sketches

I've been picking up my pen to draw before I sign in on the computer every morning.
That way I get one sketch in before the internet sucks my time away.
I've drawn a variety of things - some things here in front of me, some out of my head (now that's a scary thought) and some from looking at photos or books.
I have created a couple of new thermofax screens to use in surface design.

This is a morning drawing of a teapot that I had given my mother years ago.
It's one of those tiny little things - about 2-3 inches talk & wide.
But big on beautiful.


I meant to go back and add another layer of color...eh, I'll let it go this time.

3 comments:

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Lovely drawing of the teapot! I like the idea of drawing before turning on the internet. Let's see if I can try it.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I think that this little teapot is great!

Jean Bourque said...

Great idea to do a drawing when you first get up... I used to do that with writing. Yup carol, I think I will try to do that!