Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In case you're wondering...





You can definitely rust fabric outside
in cold weather...
actually in snowy weather!

Meg Manderson and I were scheduled to do a "Rust Dyeing Fabric" demo at the March
Fiber Art Alliance meeting. So I was trying to prepare for it and I wanted
to have a batch of fiber going to take to the meeting so that I could show the women
how we wrapped the fibers around the yummy rusty objects.
I had had a couple of people ask me if you could rust fabric outside in the cold weather...
well, now we know...

Meg and I will take the April meeting to do our Rust Media demo.
I'll try to remember ahead of time to get another batch going!
Won't you join us?

7 comments:

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Oh how beautiful! I have never tried to dye with rust, but I'm a great fan, prof being that it's the colour I dye my hair ;O)

Martha Lever said...

Hi Carol, I used a little bit of lace that you sent me in my blog entry for tomorrow "She Has Faith". I will give you a link shout out. Are you planning to put any of these rust laces up on Etsy? I would buy some and I bet other people would too. I haven't tried it yet but would much rather buy some from you. I could mention that on my blog if you do.

Martha:)

Sarah Whitmire said...

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your lovely comments you left on my blog. I love your rusty pieces! I'm a huge fan of rust and the organic designs it makes. Thanks again.

*HUGS*

Sarah

jgr said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for visiting my blog, to answer your question: I painted the background on watercolor paper. I love your rust dyed fabric! way cool! I'm going to put you on my list of 'faves' so I can keep up with everything you're doing.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Carol! Thanks for coming to visit! I really enjoyed visiting your blog! These rusted fabrics look wonderful!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

lori vliegen said...

hi carol! i am LOVING these rusty fabrics! sure wish i could join you for the demo...it sounds like fun!

i took a peek at some of your other posts...your drawn faces are beautiful! i'm sure that you'll enjoy paulette's class...my friend martha lever took it and has created some beautiful pieces of artwork as a result!! :)

Carmen said...

I love this rusty goodness!!!