Sunday, January 10, 2010

Art Classes

Last week I had the most fun!
I helped Susan Sorrell teach art classes for Charter High School students.
They do not have a regular art program at the school,
so once a year local artists teach them a variety of really cool classes.
They really had a lot of choices in what class to take -
including belly dancing, wire work, stained glass and rock carving to name a few.
Susan and I taught them about hand embroidery, painting fabric, beading and doodle drawing.

They were all great kids -very polite and well mannered, as well as entertaining and funny.
I think I will teach a couple of classes next year.
That's one thing that we, as artists, as adults, need to do.
To share our knowledge with the next generation.
We have to keep our craft, our art alive by sharing it.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

This is so cool that you taught the young people how to make art. Way to go!