Saturday, March 27, 2010

Early Spring Peeps

This week was one of my regular "Peep Meets"...
meaning that I had the Immense Pleasure of spending some time with my Fiber Junkie Friends (you know, my Peeps!).
These ladies never cease to amaze me!
Nancy has been absent from the last two or three meetings but returned in full force that day.
She brought several pieces of her felted work.

My photos DO NOT do her work justice but I'll show you anyway.
The vessels and 3D work are amazing! The sides are so thick and solid.
Love these tassels.

This cuff is heavily beaded. I'd love to have a blue one (like indigo blue).
If you're reading this Nancy - just saying...


Look at this awesome mask! Again, you would not believe how thick this piece of work is.


This mask is one of my favorite pieces. I adore the colors and the combination of the felting and the hand stitching.
See the small dimensional flower to the left side of the vessel? Nancy is going to teach us how to make one of those. If you look closely, there is a small crocheted flower in the center of the flower.

I'm going to crochet one of these for everyone to use on their flower.

Our newest member, Val, is an awesome screen printer.

I can't wait until warmer weather as we're going to learn that too! I am totally excited about this. Since I draw a lot, I'll be able to use my own prints in my art fabric.


And Val hand dyed her fabric also. I love the organic look of it.

I think I'll put that technique on my "Wish List" too.


This is the beginning of a piece of art cloth. She will add more images and colors to this piece as time goes on.


Love, love, love this.
This little birdie got out of order in the grand scheme of things...

I think I'll leave him here so you can enlarge the photo and see the beading work.

What an awesome way to keep track of your scissors!

I'll just bet if you go to Judy Simmons and Mary Stori's blog, you'll find more photo's.

I did the demo for the meeting.

This month we covered Stamp Carving.

I didn't get any photos of this but everyone did a great job.

It was a ton of fun!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

What great gatherings you must have! These are beautiful.