Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Inspiration

I love to look around me for inspiration.

Imagine my surprise when my own artwork totally knocked the socks off of the "inspiration meter" today!
(something that I noticed on my artwork, that is)

I had this quote hidden under a strip of lace on the inside of a book that I made.


"Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher."
William Wordsworth



I love that.

"Come forth into the light of things, let nature be you teacher".

How smart would we be if we actually did that?

1 comment:

Laura Lea said...

Oh I love this quote. I collect them and although I know the poet I do not have this one saved! I'm so excited to read this post! It would be wonderful if we did just that. I started my day pruning a butterfly bush at my school. I ended the day with a swastika carved into one of the tables in my classroom. It was a day of extremes. Without the pruning of that bush and the smell of the herbs below it as I pruned I doubt I'd have weathered the end of my day as well. That simple part of my day gave me light to make it through a dark moment. Thanks for sharing.