Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lazy, Hot Southern Days

I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted!
That blows my "three posts a week" right outta the water.

I don't have any "real" artwork to show for it either.
I've been traveling a bit with my sweetie, my son is home from college (for the summer)
and I'm still battling the
(sing to the tune of "where oh where did my little dog go?")

"where oh where did my energy go"
(Oh, where oh where did it go?) blues.

So, have I done ANYTHING?

Um, well...I did draw two or three small things.

I thought about doing several things...
but, after thinking about them for too long, decided not to put the energy into them.

I should say here that I have to avoid that particular pitfall...
if I think about/plan a particular project too long,
I get tired of it.

I guess it goes back to what I said about working a piece in my sketchbook too long...
If I do that, I feel that I have worked through whatever it was that I was trying to work though (whether it was a design issue or an emotional issue) and don't have the desire or the need to actually make that piece of artwork -
I "made" it in my sketchbook.

Do any of you ever feel that way?

The gardenias are blooming here
along with the most fragrant magnolias.
Too bad I don't have a smellicamera...
I'd share these in a heartbeat!




Now - get out there and make some artwork!
(she said to herself)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photos Carol! I really like those top two.

KatrinaRecycled said...

Hi Carol
I do that!! Sometimes I work on something for so long or think about it for so long that I work through whatever it was that I was trying to do and lose the desire to actually make the artwork. Glad I'm not the only one, thought I may have developed some type of adult onset "attention deficit disorder".
kind regards
Katrina

KatrinaRecycled said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret Applin said...

Got up at 5:00 a.m. this morning because I was thinking about soooo much, now the heat has taken all my energy and I'm trying to stay focused on a small project. Time to turn the A/C on! I think I had too many expectations with 3 full days in my studio and now I feel like I'm wasting this last one.