Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angels

A friend of mine is packing up her home in preparation for a move to another state.
Yesterday I drove over to her house to hep her separate, purge and organize her sewing room. She collects antique furniture, linens and period clothing (yum) but I had no idea what treasures she had stored in her attic!
Homespun linen, laces, tatted edgings, crocheted doilies and beautiful embroidered samplers...that's just the short list!
I wasn't planning on bringing anything home with me (remember - I said "NO MORE" a few posts ago??)....
I was weak people...
so weak...

Here is one tiny little peek of why I was so weak...


I love the angels!
And I love the HUGE piece of Homespun linen that she gave me also.
And the yardage of hand tatted edging...
and the...
and...

So weak.

3 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

I am going weak at the knees just looking at this gorgeous keepsake!
Hugs from Suzy

Joanne Huffman said...

Maybe weak, but wise to take such treasures.

Elizabeth said...

Oh but being weak under such amazing circumstances is totally necessary!!!!!! You would have been foolish not to oblige your friend!!!!
And if you ever need to share....... :)