Thursday, May 8, 2008

Quilting Design

I don't know how well this is showing up but here is the quilting design that I put together for the small paper quilt that I made. The original ornament was from a Dover publication. I'll try to post it and show you how I developed this design. It's a pretty simple yet effective process. I studied Judy Perez's quilting motif in the QA magazine and then looked through , oh, probably hundred's of images until I found one with (what I thought would be) the right shape/look that I was trying to find. Even if I don't use this on the small quilt, I thought I'd use it as a practice piece anyway...just to see how it stitched out. The individual circles may be problems...I might leave them out...that's the good thing about it all...I can always change it as I go, based on what works and what doesn't.

No comments: