Monday, June 9, 2008

Necessities

This is the completed piece for Fiber On A Whim/It's A Journey donation. I hope that it passes to someone that will receive as much pleasure from admiring it as I did in creating it.

I used the same rust dyed fabric that I used in the letters to make the label on the back.

It reads as follows.

I did add the "In Loving Memory" for my husbands mom (Taffy Sloan), his grandmother (Rita Kentusky) and my sister (Cindy Davis). All three ravaged by cancer, all dearly loved and missed but never, ever forgotten.

3 comments:

jane dávila said...

Carol:
This is a beautiful piece. It's such a good cause and it feels good to help.

jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
I really love how this piece came out-it is really just lovely. It seems like there is a new texture on parts of the rose and leaves-are those beads? It almost gives the appearance of dew drops.

Anonymous said...

This has turned out so wonderful! I love it...a great piece.