Thursday, October 1, 2009

Adventures in Nature


Continuing in the same vein as before, I'll be winding down the photo's of the kayaking trip this past weekend.
We did come upon some of the local wildlife...


He looks like he has a sand beard, doesn't he (or she)?

Here are some great shots of a tiny 'shroom and a snail's shell.

I snatched up the shell for my brown bag project...

Oh, I forgot to tell you about eh "Brown Bag Project", didn't I?

I'll tell you another time - remind me if I forget.

A little different angle here. Such beautiful moss in the forest bed.


In case you're wondering - the non rolling stone does gather moss...

sorry - couldn't help myself...

If you've never kayaked before, you should consider giving it a try. It is a wonderful form of exercise (gets your core really beefed up) and can be a cool solitary past time as well.

Even though my husband and I have a tandem kayak (a two seater) I'd love to try out a one person one. Our is very stable - after getting turned over by a couple on a jet ski (they were wayyyy to close to us)- we opted for a wider one that wouldn't roll as easily.

And the best part?

Being so close to nature...

Being able to paddle right up to all of the little islands, seeing the water animals face to face

and spending quality time with my best friend.

I hope that you take the time to exercise your creative spirit today -

you'll be glad that you did.

4 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

Great shots Carol. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Bagamary said...

What a great adventure! Nature is so inspiring.

Elizabeth said...

What a cute little visitor you ahd!! Not SO MUCH when they get bigger!! Sounds like you had an amazing trip!!
thanks for sharing!!
Elizabeth

Joanne Huffman said...

I love the focus on small treasures.