Saturday, October 3, 2009

Autograph Book

I don't know if I mentioned this before - about the "Believe In Yourself" Retreat...?
One night they have Student Vendor Tables.
I had a table last year with all my rusty goodness but didn't have one this year -
just too much going on in my life to do it all...
But my friend Sally had one! And a great one at that!
I found this really awesome "Classmate Autograph" book -
It belonged to Edith.
Most of the autograph's were from 1934...
From Cleveland Ohio.
Inside that little book was also a couple of sketches...

Did our Edith do them as well?

There is no signature at the bottom of the face
but there is a faint one on the ship page.
I couldn't tell what it said though.
I hope that you enjoy the drawings that were in Edith's book
as much as I have enjoyed them.



And the little zinger poem that Donald wrote
(I'll type it all as the pencil marks were too faint to scan properly)

"Your teeth are like the
Stars
For they come out
Every night."
Donald
4/13/34

They both had the same last name so they could have been brother and sister...the poem itself would seem to be a sibling zinger.
Amusing at any rate, huh?

2 comments:

julie king said...

what an interesting find! i love buying things like that and exploring all the little hidden secrets inside.

Joanne Huffman said...

very cool find!